Marquette Warrior: Howard Dean Coming to Campus Next Wednesday

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Howard Dean Coming to Campus Next Wednesday

Just confirmed via the Office of Student Development:

Howard Dean, Chairman of the Democratic National Committee, will be speaking on the Marquette campus next Wednesday.

The speech will be from 12:30-1:30 on the East Side of the Union. A platform will be set up there.

As you might have guessed, we don’t much like Howard Dean, constant player of the race card.

Still, the College Democrats and Students for Obama, who are sponsoring the speech, have to be feeling good right now, since this is a real coup for them.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the "pleasure" of meeting Doctor-Governor-race-baiter-Dean when he was running unsuccessfully for President, in 08. He was doing a Larry King remote from the Irish Cultural Heritage Center on 21st and Wisconsin. He was alone in a hallway after his Larry King interview, and I approached him politely. (RFK visions later came to mind). I asked him politely, if he'd pose for a pic with a few friends and myself. He was polite, shook my hand (firmly) and he posed for the pic.
I wouldn't vote for him on a dare, and I think he's somewhat politically rabid, but he was very nice in person. He was cordial, but you could sense it wasn't sincere. At least I could. But he was a nice man to me.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scream for me, Marquette?

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home